Ultrasonic cleaning is combined with the means that allow better mechanical cleaning, that is to say, by chemicals or cleaning agents. Water-based reagents, which are not yet universal, are used. The choice of the cleaning agent will depend on the type of the object to be cleaned, the material from which it is made and, of course, the type of dirt we want to remove. Reagents that do not have a neutral pH can also damage the parent material (corrosion …). In the cleaning agent, they represent the proportion of a few percent, while the rest is water. They are available as a concentrate.
The main components of cleaning agents:
- pH: Acid pH is intended for the removal of oxides (rust), limescale, when basic, it is used as grease-removing
- Inhibitors: designed to prevent corrosion
- Surfactants: binds a liquid to dirt
- Wetting agents: reduces surface tension to make the liquid more fluid
- Saponifiers: strong alkalis that convert fat into a water soluble mixture
- Dispensers: suppress foam
- Dispersants: increase particle separation and prevent sediment formation or particle pooling
- Hydrotropes: make the cleaner soluble
- Emulsifiers: create a bond between water and a molecule that resists bonding with water
- Sequestrants: react with free metal ions (Ca, Mg, …)
- Buffers: maintain a constant pH of the cleaning agent
- Disinfectants: designed to kill bacteria
In Iskra PIO, we are not just happy to advise you on choosing the right cleaner, we can also deliver it to you. Under an agreement, we also carry out experimental cleaning of sample products.